Talent Coach Award - 2019/20 Cohort
Applicants currently coaching with the Regional or National Academy programmes are welcome to enrol on the Talent Coach Award.
Any coach who is not currently working with the Regional or National Academy programmes should email England Lacrosse Performance Manager, Jane Powell, with a coaching CV, firstname.lastname@example.org who will confirm your eligibility to enrol on the course.
Individuals are required to attend a session for each module in chronological order, however these can be spread over the duration of September 2019 - April 2020.
i.e. Module 1 September, Module 2 October, Module 3 April.
Coaches will then also be expected to complete work outside of the session dates to complement their learning and prepare for future sessions.
Date & Time
All dates will run from 11:30am - 3:30pm
22nd September 2019 – Module 1
20th October 2019 – Module 2
8th December 2019 – Module 3
12th January 2020 – Module 1
15th March 2020 – Module 2
26th April 2020 – Module 3
• Registered Individuals with England Lacrosse - £300
• Non-registered Individuals - £335
What does the course allow you to do?
- Identify and understand your coaching philosophy
- Developing culture in your team
- Prepare, oversee, deliver, monitor and evaluate a coaching programme for performance setting (the critical path)
- Prepare to oversee, deliver, monitor and evaluate a team training planner
- Prepare, oversee, deliver, monitor and evaluate a player training planner
- Outline, prepare and analyse player profiles
- Outline, prepare and analyse team profiles
- Understand the principles of participant centred coaching
- Understanding the use of questioning and the coaching delivery style
- Prepare and evaluate individual goal setting
- Prepare and evaluate individual team setting
- Prepare and evaluate a profile for a Field Coach
THE DEADLINE FOR BOOKING HAS PASSED